Tips For Better Sales
Does this topic sound familiar? It should! In “Fall Into Autumn With Improved Sales” we discussed a few ways you can take advantage of the stunning foliage to improve your autumn portrait sales:
- Expand your reach by posting two or three of your favorite photos, watermarked with your studio logo, to your website and social media accounts. This will get your clients excited to receive the rest of their photographs and as they like and share these posts with friends and family, you increase your organic reach.
- Reward customer loyalty by starting a referral program that rewards clients when their friends or family book with your studio.
- Take your photography outdoors and embrace the beauty of natural light and local landscapes such as parks and orchards.
- Schedule back-to-back mini-sessions at a reduced price.
- Narrow down the number of photos you show your clients, highlighting 25-50 of the best moments.
- Present your finished photos in person to share in the excitement and steer clients towards specific print packages, sizes, and/or products.
In some ways these tips are universal suggestions you can implement any time of the year. So what advantages does spring offer that fall doesn’t?
Spring Forward With Seasonal Promotions
If the mild weather, beautiful blue skies, and first flowers of the year don’t get you excited about spring, maybe this will: spring marks the end of tax season. As your clients–past, potential, and future–receive their refund checks in the mail, they have a little extra cash burning a hole in their pocket. And what better way to spend their money than by making new memories to look back on five, ten, twenty years from now!
It’s never too early to begin booking your spring sessions. Before you begin, take the time to review your current marketing plan and try these simple, quick ways to improve your sales.
Promote Themed Photoshoots
Spring has a few dependable features that allow you to organize fun spring-inspired themes that go beyond basic garden photos. Stake out your spot for when the cherry blossoms bloom. Have your clients dress up in their favorite rain gear and embrace those April showers. Transform your youngest clients into fairy princes and princesses. Hit the beach for some fun in the sun.
You can also take advantage of lesser holidays and go green for St. Patrick’s Day, set up an eggs-citing set for interior Easter photos, or make it all about Mom for Mother’s Day.
Seek Out Community Events
From sporting events to art festivals to garden walks, after a long winter the people in your local community will be eager to get outside. Network with local business and organizations and get involved in your community.
Have A Contest
As a business owner you should take advantage of any and every outlet to grow your client list. That means merging digital and print advertising to gain followers on Facebook and Instagram, collect email addresses through your website, and self-promote everywhere from your website to the front window of your studio. The more places you’re seen, the greater the potential for reaching new clients. One way to encourage new business is by having a contest. To enter, simply require people to submit their email address/subscribe to your newsletter. Then reward the winner with a free photoshoot you can also use to promote your themed sessions!
Sell Specific Products
The vibrant colors of spring, perfectly captured and artfully composed, are the ideal candidate for Giclee Fine Art Prints. This printing process provides a broader color gamut, making it capable of producing incredibly detailed prints that are rich and vibrant, with a smooth and continuous tone. The perfect “big item” sale that turns your client’s favorite photographs into stunning wall art!
As always, Lenzart is here to provide you with high quality print products for the best chance at selling success. When you need a print lab that puts you first, choose Lenzart!